This year’s annual meeting and election of directors is scheduled for Tuesday, March 29, 2016.
In addition to the election of directors, we will have updates on neighborhood projects and area crime, as well as our annual report on finances and accomplishments. FPNA has staggered terms for its seven directors, and this year’s board members who are up for re-election for two-year terms are:
- DISTRICT 1: Gregg Weiss
- DISTRICT 2: Linda Cullen, Frank Forlini, and Kathy Willoughby
As of this posting, these four directors have not made decisions about running again. We must, per our bylaws, have a director in each district. (see bottom of page for district boundaries) The current directors who are remaining in the second year of their two-year term are Tom Collins (District 2), and Marianne Oliver and Susan Hill (District 3).
Anyone who runs for director must fill out and submit their own Nomination Form (click link to download). In addition to submitting a Nomination Form, an applicant must be a paid member and be at least 18 years of age.
All completed nomination forms must be received by 4 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016, at FPNA’s mailing address: PO Box 1112, West Palm Beach, FL 33402.
If you decide to submit a nomination at the last minute, and are concerned about postal delivery to the P.O. box, nomination forms will be accepted up until 4 p.m. through the mail slot in the door at 828 Biscayne.
Officers (president, vice president, treasurer and secretary) are chosen annually as well, after a new board has been seated.
Board members are not term-limited, but officers’ consecutive service cannot exceed 24 months of the previous 36 months.
Serving with your neighbors on the board can be very fulfilling. Odds are that pretty much everyone can find a way to contribute some of their time and talents for the betterment of our historic neighborhood. Board membership is one such way. Meetings are held once a month at the Armory Art Center for about 90 minutes. Our bylaws are silent on when; it has traditionally been the second Tuesday of the month for a long time, but it could change. In addition, all directors are encouraged to attend all general meetings (about four a year).
If you have any questions, contact any board member (contact information is always on the last page of the Flamingo Flyer newsletter).
The three districts of Flamingo Park, for board representation purposes, are:
DISTRICT 1 (North)
- all of Park Avenue, south side;
- all of Kanuga;
- all of the north side of Flamingo;
- the south side of Flamingo east of the FEC railroad tracks.
DISTRICT 2 (Central)
- the south side of Flamingo from Parker to the FEC;
- all of Biscayne;
- the 800 block of Claremore, north side;
- Claremore, both sides, in the 700, 600, 500 and 400 blocks;
- the north side of Ardmore in the 700 block.
DISTRICT 3 (South)
- the 800 block of Claremore, south side;
- the 800 block of Ardmore, north side;
- the 800 and 700 blocks of Ardmore, south side;
- the 800 and 700 blocks of Upland, Sunset and Avon.
* Addresses on Lake, Georgia and Florida fall within the relevant street boundaries.
NOMINATION FORM (PDF)